The Diaspora Pa’lante Collective Yearly Evaluation 2022-2023
- Created our political education and outreach committees and built the structures for each.
- Completed our first successful brigade to our country in the Spring of 2023 and hosted report back events in the US.
- Connected with other organizations/individuals and continue to build and maintain those relationships and new ones.
- Hosted our first political education teach in on the history of Puerto Rico and the socialist history of our country.
- Member of DPC visited Cuba on behalf of the organization to study diplomacy and connect with Cubans advancing the Revolution.
- Recruited Boricuas in the diaspora from across the country to be part of the DPC.
- Established our online presence via social media and our website.
- Built our organizational structure (constitution and strategy).
- We have been able to connect with Boricuas from across the US.
- Our diversity in DPC – our general membership is very skilled and come from all walks of life.
- Relationship building within our organization and outside of our organization.
- Our strong organizational structure that is directed by democratic centralism.
- We took our cause international and began to build a strong national movement.
- We made educational material accessible (ex: Filiberto’s writings).
- We keep an open mind when building together.
Goals for 2023-2024:
- Host our Winter Brigade and continue to build with our people in the diaspora/archipelago.
- More political education courses and continuing to translate docs/archive historical documents.
- Internationalism – continuing to establish and maintain relationships abroad to bring our fight internationally.
- Strengthen news connections to bring our fight to the forefront of the media.